Usher/Ticket Takers - The Chicago Theatre
The Madison Square Garden Company
Overview The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, The Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; The Chicago Theatre; and the Wang Theatre in Boston. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA), the New York Rangers (NHL) and the New York Liberty (WNBA); two development league teams -- the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and one of the leading North American esports organizations, Counter Logic Gaming. In addition, the Company features popular original entertainment productions -- the Christmas Spectacular and New York Spectacular – both starring the Radio City Rockettes, and through Boston Calling Events, produces outdoor festivals, including New England’s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, The Stanton Social, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com EEO Statement At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations. Responsibilities As an Usher you will promote positive guest/client experience. Uphold commitment of MSG “Circle of Service” standards and MSG’s Mission and Values.
- Maintain professional manner, presence, and appearance at all times while on premises
- Arrive for scheduled shift on time and wear proper MSG approved uniform while on duty.
- Check aisles, rows, and seats prior to the house opening to ensure cleanliness. Alert House Manager of any issues prior to opening.
- Check designated area to be sure all emergency exit pathways are clear and accessible prior to opening. Alert House Manager of any issues prior to opening.
- Welcome guests to the MSG Chicago Theatre with a smile and friendly demeanor.
- Assist patrons to their seats efficiently and professionally.
- Check, tear or scan patron’s tickets.
- Answer patron questions and concerns about the building and the event in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Problem solve patron incidents. Alert the House Manager of patron issues/problems.
- Be prepared to take an active role in Emergency Operations procedures (evacuation plan) through on-going training and drills.
- Turn in any Lost and Found items to the House Manager immediately.
- Communicate any building deficiencies, security concerns, or safety issues to the House Manager.
- Utilize a bullhorn and radio to direct guests.
- Ensure that the rules and regulations of the MSG Chicago Theatre are being adhered to.
- Assemble VIP bags and at times work private parties.
- Assist the Merchandise department with stocking, and food preparation.
- Assist the custodial department with cleaning of theatre.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work with large crowds.
- Must be able to tolerate and work in a loud work environment.
- Must keep a neat personal appearance.
- Must be receptive to working outside in inclement weather.
- Must be comfortable with heights.
- Should be comfortable with heavy lifting of program boxes.
- Must be willing to rotate to various positions within a shift.
- Must be comfortable working with wheelchairs and disabled guests.
Location: Chicago, IL
Work Type: Full Time
Apply By: 01/01/1970Apply
© Gamurs Pty LTD