The Madison Square Garden Company
Overview The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, The Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; The Chicago Theatre; and the Wang Theatre in Boston. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA), the New York Rangers (NHL) and the New York Liberty (WNBA); two development league teams -- the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and one of the leading North American esports organizations, Counter Logic Gaming. In addition, the Company features popular original entertainment productions -- the Christmas Spectacular and New York Spectacular – both starring the Radio City Rockettes, and through Boston Calling Events, produces outdoor festivals, including New England’s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, The Stanton Social, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com EEO Statement At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations. Responsibilities The Benefits Specialist provides front-line Benefit Department customer service to FT, PT and Union employees. The candidate will administer MSG’s employee benefit programs including health and welfare, retirement and related programs. This role ensures compliance with National and Local legal requirements; prepares, reviews and administers department invoices; and prepares reconciliation reports.
- Administers MSG’s various health and welfare, retirement, leave and disability.
- Conducts front line customer service for the department via in person one on one, group meetings, phone and email.
- Develops, updates and/or presents various communications (such as announcements, articles, materials for meetings, plan descriptions, benefit statements, etc.).
- Responds to and resolves employee concerns regarding Institution benefits programs, open enrollment inquiries, claims issues, leave accruals.
- Participates in development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, objectives, short- and long-range planning; develops and implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned
- 1-2 Years’ experience in the Benefits/Health and Welfare field with previous experience as a Benefits Administrator, Benefits Representative, Benefits Coordinator or Benefits Specialist.
- Prior knowledge of benefits administration and related laws and regulations in the all private or not for profit sectors.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Concentration in HR, Finance preferred.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
Location: New York, NY
Work Type: Full Time
Apply By: 01/01/1970Apply
© Gamurs Pty LTD