Vice President Front of House Operations
The Madison Square Garden Company
Overview The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, The Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; The Chicago Theatre; and the Wang Theatre in Boston. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA), the New York Rangers (NHL) and the New York Liberty (WNBA); two development league teams -- the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and one of the leading North American esports organizations, Counter Logic Gaming. In addition, the Company features popular original entertainment productions -- the Christmas Spectacular and New York Spectacular – both starring the Radio City Rockettes, and through Boston Calling Events, produces outdoor festivals, including New England’s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, The Stanton Social, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com EEO Statement At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations. Responsibilities The Vice President Front of House Operations is responsible for all “Guest Facing” operational areas. This position will have direct oversight of Arena Operations, Concourse & Concession Food & Beverage outlets, Lounge, Club & Catering operations, and Guest Relations & Tour operations. This position will report directly into the Senior Vice President & General Manager of Madison Square Garden.
- Responsible for Arena Operations (Guest Services, Ushers, Ticket Takers, & Elevator Operators), Concourse & Concession Operations (Food & Beverage and Custodial operations during events), Lounges, Clubs, and Catering and Guest Relations & Tour Operations.
- Plan and direct all Food & Beverage operations in the Arena & Theater inclusive of coordinating recruitment, training, deployment of staff, monitoring concession locations, ensure compliance with the Department of Health and NYC ABC laws and compliance.
- Guides all department heads to operate efficiently, as it relates to service levels and customer satisfaction.
- Continually evaluates the quality of the “guest experience” through first hand observation, objective feedback and interaction.
- Reviews and analyzes financial and operating reports on a daily basis and initiates action to improve performance. Uses internal data sources such as financial reports, event P&L’s, KPI’s, event schedules and production budgets to monitor ongoing performance against established standards and objectives.
- Keeps abreast of all operational aspects, public relation concerns, financial and technological changes.
- Implement new technology relating to Point of Sale (POS), and Physical inventory.
- Collaborate with the Workforce/Employee Services Scheduling team on event staffing levels.
- Ability to maximize selling opportunities presented through unique event clients such as the NBA, etc.
- Responsible for providing the highest level of guest service within a secure and safe environment for our guests and employees during all events and public functions.
- Execute event operations plans including the coordination of all guest service employees.
- Acts as a liaison with Security, local law enforcement, promoter, event representatives and outside agencies.
- Troubleshoot and document any event day incidents and/or problems including those affecting clients, guests, or staff.
- Highly responsive to emergencies in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
- Actively participate in the negotiation of Collective Bargaining Agreements for Local unions and maintain positive Labor Relations credence.
- Track costs against budget for settlement with internal and external guests
- Assist the Guest Relations team with ensuring a timely response to guest compliments, feedback or necessary service recovery.
- Minimum 15 years of prior Guest Relations, Customer Service, Event Operations, Facilities Management and Food & Beverage Operational Management Senior level experience with direct responsibility for supervising and directing staff across a wide range of operating functions within a large Arena or entertainment complex strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in the capacity of General Manager or Vice President/Director of Food & Beverage
- Four-year degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management, Event Management, Business Management or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA) and the ability to manage a non-union and unionized workforce required.
- Experience interacting with C-Suite Management teams, and all levels of employee population.
- Extensive knowledge of Department of Health (DOH) codes and guidelines
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data with an emphasis on a budget planning model necessary.
- Strong project management skills are necessary
- Knowledge of local fire and building codes required
- In depth knowledge of facility management.
- Excellent verbal & written communication, organizational and time management skills required
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-oriented environment
- PC skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Possess exceptional attention to detail and strong follow-up skills necessary
- Experience in managing cross functional teams and building relationships
- Successful track record of measuring improvements in customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Demonstrates integrity, tact, diplomacy and a commitment to company values, and principles while ensuring the upmost consistency
- Skilled at working collaboratively and in a team environment
- Adept at maintaining a positive, open, approachable, and professional relationship with a diverse group
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivational and organizational abilities are used often
- Strong interpersonal/customer service skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while managing multiple tasks.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of days, weekends, nights and holidays required
Location: New York, NY
Work Type: Full Time
Apply By: 01/01/1970Apply
© Gamurs Pty LTD