CTO at an up-and-coming eSports company
- Post Date:13. February 2017
Who we are searching for
- You are a “crazy person” ready to put in serious effort into building something game-changing
- You are an early adopter, not afraid to take a risk on an early company
- You are enthusiastic, easy-going and love to solve complex problems
- You love to learn
RankedPlay is the digital football field for eSports in Scandinavia; functioning as a meeting place for gamers where they can compete in various tournaments, meet new teammates, train versus similar skilled teams, and much more.
We have an established brand within the industry and we have already built an MVP (minimum viable product) that got great user engagment & feedback (in the thousands). We now want to develop our product further after a strong proof of concept and bring it to the open market.
We are currently looking to team-up with a techie who’s interested in joining our early-stage startup. You would be joining RankedPlay as our first real tech hire and you would be resposible for laying out the technical foundation for our company. You would develop our platform from an MVP-stage to a finished product and then support it through our scaling period, tuning it to perfection whilst introducing new functions.
You will be working together with a small group of dedicated industry veterans where help and feedback is just around the corner. You will also be assisted by an experienced designer, making your frontend work a lot easier.
Your future tasks:
- Develop the frontend and backend of an online platform used by tens of thousands of user, building for scale
- Working closley with the remainder of our team implementing new creative functions
- Setting up the the most efficient framework to work in (Laravel, ROR, etc)
- Analyzing platform efficieny, running software tests and bug testing
- Potentially leading your own DevOps team in the future
- Solid experience working with HTML, CSS, jQuery, PHP and MySQL
- Structured work-style, dependable and organized
- Doing efficient product tests is nothing new to you
- An eye for web architecture
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- You are an avid gamer yourself
Nice to have:
- Experience working within the esports industry
- Previous knowledge working with Node.js and Websockets
- Previous experience working with SourceMod
- Any other computer language is highly sought after
- Degree in Software Engineering (or similar)
- Practical experience with the lean startup process
- Portfolio showcasing previous work experience
- A natural born leader
- Fluent in Swedish
- Generous, two numbered, stock option package
- The chance to get in early and grow with a succesful startup company
- A dedicated and experienced team that is always there for you
Do you feel like you are our perfect fit? Then please send your application with a short but detailed cover letter, your CV and your earliest starting date to email@example.com
Thank you for your consideration.
RankedPlay is incorporated in Sweden as a limited company
Related Jobs (10)
Gamer Support Consultant – League Of Legends – Sofia, Bulgaria on 14. March 2017 Full Time